Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year, New Resolve

Hello friends and Internet world!

It has been QUITE a while since I posted anything on here, but I thought it might be nice to start writing again. Instead of trying to fill you in on everything that's happen in the last year and a half, I'll just include the pertinent details. Justin and I moved to Dallas in the Fall so that I could start a Masters of Sacred Music at Perkins School of Theology/SMU. My first semester was crazy and Justin is still looking for full time work, but God continues to provide for us and I have never been so sure of my calling. Really, it's been wonderful to lean on God and have no idea how He's going to provide for us next and yet trust that He will act in a powerful, magnificent way.

One of the most rewarding things about seminary is the almost daily theological challenges to be faced in reading, discussion, and writing. So, I'm hoping this semester I might have an opportunity to post more on theological issues I face and interesting things I read. For me, hashing things out in writing is usually a fruitful experience.

Justin and I decided this year we would try two new things to live more healthfully. First, we are trying the Comfort Food Diet from Taste of Home, which has thus far turned out to be very reasonable and delicious! One of my problems when we try new eating plans is finding recipes that in it that are yummy and satisfying. The Comfort Food Diet cookbook is quite excellent! The food so far has tasted good and included lots of fiber and fruits/veggies. We've also committed to working out 3 times a week, and I'm trying the Couch to 5k plan. To be honest, running is not my thing. I know for some people it is, but I've always hated it. But, I also recognize that it is one of the most efficient ways to achieve meaningful cardiovascular exercise in a decent amount of time, so I'm putting aside my dislike and giving it a try. Though I don't know that running is something I will ever love, my health makes it worth attempting.

1 comment:

  1. So good to see you writing again!

    You are and Justin are always in our thoughts and prayers! I look forward to seeing more from you. I will be cheering for you from a distance!

    ReplyDelete