Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 3 in One of the Craziest Weeks Ever

Well, today was nuts. I got up to the PDO around 8:15 this morning, and the first thing my director tells me is that the 3 & 4 year old teacher is out on a family emergency. This really freaked me out because I had a program planned to do with her class during chapel today AND she and I were supposed to do ice cream sundaes with her class and my afternoon class. So, this morning, I was rushing around to get all the prep work done for both of these things since the teacher had a substitute who didn't know anything about what we had planned. So, by 8:30 am I'm completely stressed out and in constant motion which didn't end until all my kids had gone home at 2:45pm. Right after I left work, I got a text that my accompanist wouldn't be at choir practice tonight. So, I went on to pick Justin up, go work out, heat up and scarf down dinner, and head to choir practice. Choir practice went pretty well. I just had a lot of multi-tasking to do as far as playing, singing, and directing at the same time which causes me stress just to think about!

Daddy's surgery is tomorrow. It's not supposed to take too long, but I am nervous. I don't like to think about my dad being in the hospital for anything much less a surgery. Especially after he's had 2 heart attacks before. I think I also look to my dad as a source of stability and seeing him sick and having serious health problems messes with that view. Not to trivialize the situation at all, but I think this is just another place I am having to learn to let God be my stability and my Rock. There are so many places where I have to learn this. Even the fact that Justin is in a wheelchair can mess with traditional views of "stability." We struggle with not knowing when or where to get off Medicaid or if we ever can get off health care assistance and live a decently comfortable life. I worry sometimes about whether Justin will ever get another job if we move. Who hires a man in a wheelchair? But he has been hired now and God provided for us then, provides for us now, and will provide for us in the future. Stability--maybe I need to redefine what it means. Not immediate provision but assurance that God cares for me. Not meeting every desire but "give us this day our daily bread." And may I just say, praise God that He is the Most High God whose name is to be praised!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment