Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 7 in One of the Craziest Weeks Ever

I made it to Sunday...I made it through this hugely crazy week with only some 3rd degree burns on my arms and a huge case of the yawns. Ya know, I think I did ok!! I had my piano recital today and my students did GREAT!! I was SO proud of them! Some made a couple mistakes, but they kept going. In fact, all four of them played 2 pieces which can feel like a lot to prepare for, especially for the younger students, so I was proud!

We had an experience today that was very typical of dealing with a husband in a wheelchair. Justin had an unexpected bathroom accident this afternoon right before the recital. So, we had to wait until after the recital to take care of it, which made him pretty uncomfortable for that hour or so. That's just such a hard thing for us to deal with. He gets pretty down on himself when these things happen because he wants to be able to take care of it himself, but he can't. But on the other side, it's hard for me as his wife to take care of it. Don't get me wrong--I do it for him every time I can because I love him and I do what needs to be done. But that doesn't mean I like doing it. It's one of those hard parts of being a wife AND a caregiver. There's never a good time for him to have a bathroom accident and those are never easy to clean up. I'm just thankful that we could go to his parents' today and I could get some help. It's so much easier to do with two people.

Anyway, that's what today was. On to a new week that is thankfully less crowded with places to go and things to do. Happy Sunday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment