Monday, May 10, 2010

Hello Out There!

As I sit here, taking my first step in what will inevitably be a long journey, to be honest in a journey that has already begun, I figure it might be best for me to set out the purpose of this blog as well as give a little background as to why I'm here. Four years ago this July, I started dating the man who would eventually become my husband. He was intelligent, charming, a fellow follower of Christ, well-read...everything I was looking for, and more. And he was (and is) in a wheelchair. Even during our first date, I knew that this man had the potential to change my life in ways I couldn't even imagine, and I can tell you now, four years later, I was right, though I had no idea HOW MANY ways I was right. I am positively in love with Justin. He feeds my soul and my heart, while also being exasperatingly male at times, as I'm sure most married women would say of their husbands. But our life often seems very far from normal. And that's why I'm here. In school, my favorite poem of all time was Robert Frost's "The Road Less Traveled By." Well,I can very well say that I'm traveling one of those roads that is both exciting in its adventures and isolating in its struggles. Sometimes it feels as if we are actually having to cut the road ourselves. So here I am...ready to document our not-at-all-normal life in hopes that it will both be a reminder for me of all that we have gone through as well as encourage those who might find themselves in not-so-normal situations as well. So here it is...Ready!...Set!...Go!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the poem also. We did a play in church once that quoted part of the poem. Keep on, dear traveler! You will find the way, and an extraordinary story you will one day tell!

    ReplyDelete