Saturday, May 15, 2010

Scheduling Chaos

Justin and I are both in ministry. I really do believe being in ministry is a calling and that we have answered that call, but sometimes I wonder why God couldn't call us to something less time-consuming. I'm looking ahead to all that the next week entails, and I'm seriously overwhelmed. Monday we have my dad's birthday, Tuesday we are doing a marriage counseling session with a couple that Justin is officiating for in a few weeks, Wednesday I am leading choir practice at my church, Thursday my dad is having surgery, Friday we have the rehearsal for another wedding Justin is officiating, Saturday we have the wedding, and Sunday I have a piano recital for all of my piano students (only 5, but it's still someting to be at). I don't know how in the world I'm going to make it through this week. There are parts of it that are emotionally draining and others that are physically draining, and most of it is both. Add to that that Justin wasn't able to schedule his buses for this week, so every morning and evening we have to figure out the logistics of getting him back and forth from work. I'm just weary...this last week hasn't been exactly easy and we're heading into a doozy. I just want the world to pause for a moment so I can "get off'" and disappear. Sometimes I wonder, is it possible to turn your mind off for even just a moment to recharge? Is there a way to find rest in the midst of the busyness that is life? Because right now, all I feel is chaos. Like a train that's speeding down the tracks that's just figured out my brakes are broken. How do you make the chaos stop??

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had some wonderful words of advice to share with you concerning making the chaos come to a standstill, but I haven't found the magic answer. I think it's honestly just one of those things where you pray and ask God for the grace and strength to move from one event to the next.

    Your dad is having surgery, huh? I didn't realize that would be so soon. I guess from the time you told me about it until now, it's not "soon" -- it's right on schedule. I'm just in a place where the world is rushing on around me.

    Hang in there. I know you'll make it. You always do. God will provide for you what you can't do for yourself. I'll be praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete